It is getting close to the most wonderful time of the year in Cedar Hills – Family Festival! I am excited that we get to start off the summer festivities this year by being the first city in the area to host a full week of fun activities. This year Family Festival will be held May 31st through June 4th. Here is the list of events:
- Tuesday – Swim Night at the PG pool
- Wednesday – Car Show at Heritage Park and 3V3 Soccer Tournament at Mesquite Park
- Thursday – Golf Tournament at the golf course, Fun Run at Cedar Ridge, and the Teen Festy Frenzy at Heritage Park
- Friday – Carnival and Dinner & Movie at Heritage Park
- Saturday – Parade, Carnival, Games, Entertainment and Fireworks
The Family Festival Committee is made up of volunteers throughout the community who put in a lot of time and effort to plan and organize these activities. They start in January and don’t stop until the festival is over. I appreciate all of their hard work and dedication as this truly is a wonderful week in our community.
In order to make each event successful, we still need many volunteers. Most of the shifts are two hours long and volunteering is a great way to meet others in the city and serve the community. Here are areas where we still need help:
- Serving lunch at the Golf Tournament on Thursday afternoon
- Being a chaperone at the Teen Festy Frenzy
- Clean up after the Dinner & Movie
- Helping those involved with the Parade on Saturday
- Helping with Kids Games on Saturday. This is a great volunteer opportunity for kids ages 12+.
- Helping at the Information Booth on Friday and Saturday
- Park clean-up Saturday night
Every volunteer receives a free t-shirt and the everlasting gratitude of those who enjoy participating in the Family Festival. It really is a fun experience. I volunteer at almost every event and highly recommend it.
If you are interested in volunteering you can sign up online at https://cedarhills.seamlessdocs.com/f/volunteer